Step-down 6 - 24V in to USB 5V/3A out DC-DC Buck converter
Real-Time Inventory Available
All in-stock items usually ship within one business day.
Use this tiny and convenient module to power your JeVois smart camera from your car battery or any other power source 6V to 24V voltage.
Note: This accessory is intended for applications where you will not stream video out of your JeVois camera to a host computer, but instead will only stream text outputs over serial port to an Arduino. Hence, the mini-USB port of your JeVois smart camera will only be used to power the smart camera. Please see http://jevois.org/doc/UserConnect.html for more information.
- Max output current 3A (peak), 2.1A (sustained), powerful enough to power your JeVois smart camera (which uses 0.7A max). Note that when powering more than one JeVois camera from one DC-DC module, you may need to provide cooling to the DC-DC module (a fan, or mount it in the airflow of your drone, etc).
- New design, 3 solid-state ceramic capacitors (MCC), safer and low ripple currents.
- Synchronous rectification, high efficiency, 6.5V to 5V 0.7A can achieve up to 97.5 efficiency%, 12V to 5V 1A up to 94% efficiency.
- Flat copper inductor, improves conversion efficiency.
- With output overvoltage protection. There is a 1.5A fuse on board, output 5V has 300W TVS tube to protect your USB device.
- Using the latest USB identification circuit, perfectly compatible with JeVois, and also can be used to charge your iPhone, most Android phones, iPad, etc.
- High quality USB connector.
- Output voltage indicator (RED led).
- Small size, 26.4 (L) * 15 (W) * 7.4 (H) mm.
- Input with reverse polarity protection diode, will not be damaged when input is connected incorrectly.
- Ultra-low static current, 0.85 mA only. You may in most cases not need to add a switch when connecting to a car battery, can be connected to car cigarette lighter cable or ACC power supply cable.
- Module Properties: non-isolated buck module (BUCK) synchronous rectification
- Input voltage: DC 6-24V
- Output voltage: 5.1-5.2V
- Output current: 3A MAX (please enhance heat dissipation if using at full load, e.g., add a fan). Actual test result with input 12V and output current 1A does not need enhanced heat dissipation.
- Conversion efficiency: can up to 97.5% (6.5V step down to 5V 0.7A).
- Switch frequency: 500KHz.
- Output ripple: 10mV around (12V to 5V 3A) 20MHz bandwidth.
- Output indicator: Output voltage indicator is red.
- Operating temperature: Industrial grade (-40 ℃ to + 85 ℃) (the higher the ambient temperature, the lower the output power).
- Output overvoltage protection: Yes, input 1.5A fuse, output 5V has a 300W TVS tube clamp protection.
- Full load temperature: 30 ℃
- Static current: 0.85 mA
- Load regulation: ± 1%
- Voltage Regulation: ± 0.5%
- Dynamic response speed: 5% 200uS
- Output short circuit protection: Yes, but please do not short circuit for a long time.
- Input reverse polarity protection: Yes, there is a reverse polarity protection diode.
- Input connection: solder pads
- Output connection: USB connector
We Also Recommend
JeVois 0.3MP Low-Light Sensor with Standard, 90deg, 120deg and NoIR Lenses
JeVois 1.2MP Global-Shutter Sensor with 9-DOF IMU Upgrade Kit - COLOR