JeVois-A33 Smart Machine Vision Camera - Global Shutter Developer Kit
Real-Time Inventory Available
|In Stock||In Stock|
All in-stock items usually ship within one business day.
Everything you need for serious development and robotics tinkering using a pre-assembled upgraded JeVois camera with 1.2MP Global Shutter sensor and 9-DOF inertial measurement unit (IMU).
Please select sensor type before you add to cart: Monochrome or Color.
18 essential items allow you to use the included global-shutter JeVois-A33 smart camera in many different hardware configurations and application scenarios. Just insert the included microSD card (with JeVois software pre-installed) into the smart camera, connect to a host computer using one of the included USB cables, and start enjoying powerful machine vision immediately.
Use the included Arduino-compatible micro-controller to control a robot. Power both the smart camera and micro-controller with the included battery bank, when using on a mobile robot. Check boot messages with the custom JeVois micro-serial to USB adapter cable, and check power usage with the included USB power meter.
Simple out-of-the-box getting started instructions at http://jevois.org/start
Save nearly $28 compared to the price of the individual items included in this kit.
This kit also instantly qualifies your order for free priority shipping to the USA, giving you extra savings on shipping costs if shipping to the USA.
This kit includes:
- qty 1 - JeVois-A33 smart camera with embedded quad-core processor (camera only, no cables), upgraded to use a monochrome or color (please select) OnSemi AR0135 1.2MP Global Shutter sensor with 9-DOF IMU.
- qty 1 - micro-serial cable to connect to an Arduino or similar (TTL-level UART).
- qty 1 - high-speed 8GB micro-SD card (class 10) with JeVois software pre-loaded to let you get started immediately.
- qty 1 - micro-SD card reader, USB to easily access the contents of your micro-SD card from your desktop or laptop computer.
- qty 1 - mini-USB Y cable, 2.5 feet (80cm) long (allows you to connect to two USB 2.0 ports or to one USB 3.0 port on your host computer).
- qty 1 - mini-USB cable, 30 inches (75cm) long (connect your JeVois smart camera to one USB 3.0 port or to the included battery bank).
- qty 1 - mini-USB + micro-USB splitter cable, 6 inches (15cm) long (power both the included JeVois-A33 smart camera and the included Arduino compatible controller from the included battery bank).
- qty 1 - Atmega 32u4 16MHz/5V Arduino-compatible micro-controller (directly connect to the included JeVois-A33 using the included micro-serial cable).
- qty 1 - USB power bank 2600mAh, black color (power both the included JeVois-A33 and the included Arduino-compatible boards for several hours).
- qty 1 - USB power meter (check voltage, current, and power consumption of your JeVois-A33 smart camera running various machine vision algorithms).
- qty 1 - USB to micro-serial adapter cable, 3 feet (1m) long (see boot messages of the included JeVois-A33 smart camera when running in debug mode, troubleshoot Arduino code interactively).
- qty 1 - mini-USB cable, 9 inches (23cm) long (power the included JeVois camera from a nearby USB port or from the included battery bank).
- qty 1 - Step-up 1-5V to 5V/1A converter to power JeVois from a single Lithium-Ion battery or other similar low-voltage source.
- qty 1 - Step-down 6-24V to 5V/3A converter to power JeVois from a 12V car battery or similar power source.
- Five S-Mount (M12) lenses:
- 1.8mm (170deg ultra wide field of view., This is the more expensive, long lens version which does not require a shorter lens mount),
- 2.5mm (125deg wide field of view),
- 3.6mm (88deg field of view; installed by default),
- 6mm (53deg field of view),
- and 12mm (25deg field of view).
- qty 1 - Lens locking ring (to prevent lens from moving once you have focused it; installed on the 3.6mm lens)
The upgraded camera in this kit uses an OnSemi (Aptina) AR0135 sensor chip instead of the original ov9650 sensor chip of JeVois. The AR0135 has almost the same resolution (max 1280x960) but a Global Shutter and bigger photosensitive pixels. It is a bigger sensor chip than the original and hence requires a modified JeVois plastic case.
This upgraded camera also includes a 9-DOF TDK-InvenSense ICM-20948 Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) with 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, and 3-axis magnetometer. We mounted the IMU right to the back of the image sensor, with aligned axes (to the tolerances of PCB mounting). The IMU is hence tightly coupled with the image sensor, and will move exactly like the image sensor moves. The X and Y axes are aligned and centered, and the IMU is about 2mm behind the imager on the Z axis. This IMU features an on-board Digital Motion Processor (DMP), which can be programmed to do things like computing quaternions directly in the IMU chip, or detecting different types of activities, counting steps, detecting falls, etc.
For more detailed specs about the AR0135 and the ICM-20948, please see http://jevois.org/doc/Sensors.html
More information at jevois.org